Wednesday, May 23, 2012

True Short Story of Prayer Encounters


  As my Blog focuses on Healing and Insight, I wish to add some true stories from friends of mine who have helped others to heal and grow. God bless. Barbara 

POSTPONING DEATH
By "Judy" (a friend of mine)


I picked up my cell phone one afternoon to hear the voice of my friend Krista sobbing, “Jeff’s  just had a heart attack, and they’ve rushed him to the hospital.” Her husband, a top CEO in San Diego, had been a good health.  “Please pray for him! I’m really scared,” she cried uncontrollably.
            This humble, good man had helped hundreds of homeless and hopeless people find jobs, had mentored and guided so many. Kind and quiet, I loved him as a brother and Krista as a sister. After she and I prayed together over the phone, I sat in meditation and asked God to watch over Jeff and bless him. With the loving confidence of a child to a Divine Friend, with the firm determination knowing that God had complete control over this man’s life, my prayers went deeper.
As strong, intuitive feeling came to me that Jeff was suddenly going to die on the table. In my mute, heart’s longing to God, I said, “NO, NO, NO – don’t take him! Keep this man alive. He has too much to live for. He is not ready to go!” I felt a peace around this prayer. 
At the point between the eyebrows I inwardly saw a clock which said 2:00, and had the feeling that the surgeon had just realized Jeff was far worse than he thought.  I saw Jeff was put into a deeper anesthesia as the physician inserted two stints (medical mesh) to make the walls of the heart stronger. It was as though I felt God let me energetically pull him back from death.
When Jeff returned home and was able to visit after a few weeks, he told me the story of what I had seen above: “The doctor told me suddenly I took a turn for the worse. It was right at 2:00 when he realized I was dying and changed the course of my surgery. If it hadn’t been for your prayers and God’s help, I know I would not be here. I’ve always been an atheist, but I thank you for your faith in God. This experience has changed me.”
           

No comments:

Post a Comment