Monday, May 28, 2012

True Short Story....


Cleaning Up

          My heavy laundry basket on my hip, I made my way to the wash machine on the property where I rented a small cottage.
          “The machine isn’t working,” my landlord Laura approached me. “The electricity has gone out, and we can’t fine the breaker switch to turn it back on. We’ve been looking for three days.” Laura had owned the hidden garden house and property for over four years when I came to live there.
          Placing my towels on the picnic table, I thought, “Lord, you know where the switch is. Show me where it is!”
          As I approached the washer, my arm instinctively extended and tapped the wall of the adjacent cottage. I heard a metal “click” sound. As I crawled behind the cottage to explore, there was the metal box clearly labeled:
          “Laundry Room Breaker Switch.”

No comments:

Post a Comment