Sunday, May 2, 2010

AMAZON.COM Book Review!

Should be read by all in law enforcement, May 1, 2010

By Andrew VanWagenen (Loudonville, NY USA) -
This review is from: Face Reading: How to Know Anyone at a Glance (Paperback)

I heard Ms. Roberts as a guest on WPYX radio in Albany, New York during a recent morning commute. She was promoing her book "Face Reading" and she confirmed a theory I had always felt. I am retired police officer and when I was a rookie almost twenty-five years ago I arrested a man that attempted to murder a female desk clerk of a motel. He stabbed her when she fought back against his rape attempt. After I arrived at the station and was in the process of "booking him" I noticed the sclera under both his eyes showing, with his right eye being more prominent. I remember wondering what he looking at on My forehead. The suspect also never seemed "connected" to how serious the crime was. When he did connect his eyes were dark, vacant,and "evil". This man plead guilty to attempted murder, attempted rape and in a plea agreement was sentenced to 8 1/4 to 24 years in state prizon. As my career advanced I noticed the "same" eye pattern in most cases of incest, child abuse, domestic violence, serious assaults, and also in drug addicts and "hardcore" alcoholics. So when I heard Ms. Roberts promoting this book and speaking of the meaning of the prominent sclera I was amazed. I ordered her book that morning and received it in a few days. I read most of the book in one sitting and was astounded at the number of other "truths" someones face showed. This book should be required reading of all new police recruits. Ms. Roberts' book teaches how to read facial features, many of which, would be very useful to any police officer or investigator.

No comments:

Post a Comment